Presidential candidate Howie Hawkins is making a few campaign stops in Texas: Dallas on 7 September, Austin on the 8th, Houston on the 9th. GPTX activists Don and Laura Palmer have graciously offered their home as a venue for the Houston stop.
Key Howie facts:
- longtime Teamster Union activist in Syracuse NY
- three-time Green candidate for governor of New York, including a 4.8% showing in 2014
- has also run for US Senate and House seats, as well as positions in Syracuse city government
- co-founder of the Green Party of the United States (GPUS)
- generally credited with coining and promoting the phrase "Green New Deal"—in a Green Key Values context, not the neoliberal Thomas Friedman version
In the interest of fairness, we should emphasize that Hawkins is one of several announced candidates for the Green Party presidential nomination. That nomination will be decided at the Greens' National Convention in Summer 2020.
5402 Bent Bough Ln
Houston, TX 77088
Google map and directions